Welcome - God's Got More!
At Gleneagles Anglican Church we believe that the good news of Jesus Christ is for everyone and that though there is much on offer in this world, God’s Got More!
Our church was started in October 1990, so we are now approaching our 28th anniversary and we are very much looking forward to all that God is going to do in the future. Our next objective is to build our new church and community centre on land we have bought opposite the "Ock & Dough" pub.
We are located on the Gleneagles housing estate in north-west Wellingborough and meet at Redwell Primary School. Currently we are a congregation of about 140 adults with 30 or so children and teenagers. Many of us are near neighbours living on the Gleneagles Estate with quite a few coming from further afield. Children and teens are active members of the church and many attend our mid-week children’s group.
We are very relaxed and informal in our style of worship and use contemporary music with a talented group of musicians on guitars, keyboards, drums and more.
Friendship is very important to God and to us so there is a big social and care side to our activities with all ages.
Our main goal is to enable people to grow in faith and understanding of Jesus Christ and to experience the reality of God making a real difference in our individual lives bringing forgiveness, freedom, peace, hope, friendship and joy into our personal experience.
We hope that this website will enable you to discover more about us. If you are in this area you will be very welcome to join us in worshipping Almighty God, who has revealed himself through the person of Jesus Christ.
We want everyone, especially you (if you haven’t already) to discover that...God’s Got More!
Rev Melvyn Pereira - Vicar email@example.com
Building for the Future
We have met in Redwell Junior School for over 20 years, but have now purchased land in order to build our own church building. We are very excited at everything God is doing amongst us and this new phase in our history! We have preliminary plans for a building which will serve the community seven days a week and have launched our building fund.
Help Us Build Our Church!
You can help us raise funds towards our new building (at no cost to you!) by doing what you normally do, that is buying on-line, but going via The Giving Machine.
Every time you make a purchase at one of these on-line stores: Viking, Amazon, Ebay, Sainsbury's, John Lewis, M&S, Next, Argos, Tesco, Debenhams, Homebase, Bodens, The Trainline and hundreds more, a small percentage of the purchase price comes to Gleneagles Anglican Church.
Buy A Brick
Have You Seen Our Video?
For more information please visit our Church Building Fund website.
Safeguarding Is Our Responsibility
Safeguarding is a priority at Gleneagles church. We are committed to following government and Church of England guidelines on the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and good working practice, including safer recruitment of volunteers and paid workers.
1 Peter 2:5
like living stones,
are being built into
a spiritual house
to be a holy priesthood,
offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God
through Jesus Christ.”
For more details please click on Gleneagles Church Mission Plan
Praise and Prayer
from Jackie, our Church Evangelist. (Updated 17/1/2019)
Praise God for:
- Answered prayers and His Holy Spirit at work in us, our lives and our church
- The fellowship, friendship and support we share in His name
- All of the volunteers who give their time to run children’s groups, house groups, support groups and help organisations in our town
- The work of the Daylight Centre, Street Pastors, Night Shelter and its volunteers
- Our Vision for this year
- The work of the Hope into Action project, nearing completion
Please pray for:
- Our Vision for 2019, that we may become the Living Stones that God needs to build His Kingdom
- The ROC conversation on 29th January, that our community will find ways of working together to help its people
- The Death Cafe on Friday 25th January – for those who run it and for those who attend searching for answers and comfort – may they know God's peace
- For Wellitots on Thursdays, for those who attend and that helpers will come forward, prompted by God
- For Ignite, for Ali and the team, and for the children who attend, currently around 20, that they may continue to be drawn to know God more
- For the Freedom in Christ course starting soon, that this will deepen our relationship with God and inspire us to become like living stones and glorify Him
- For our country and our government in these difficult times as we prepare to leave the EU