Safeguarding Guidelines for online meetings
- Leaders to set up zoom meeting.
- Meeting link, Id, Date and time to only be shared in an email or closed groups
- For children and youth, parents to be the point of contact
- If zooming with under 18s, two leaders with DBS need to be present.
- Any screenshots of the zoom call to be taken only with participants expressed permission. For under 18s this needs to be their parents permission.
- Zoom chat with under 18s have to be addressed to everyone and monitored by the leaders.
- When there is a disclosure of safeguarding risk follow existing parish safeguarding guidelines.
- Facebook pages are a public platform.
- Page admins to monitor content and to delete anything deemed unhelpful.
- Church members to not engage in debate with unfriendly posts.
- Adults to not accept any friend requests from those under 18.
- Any messages conveyed over chat boxes to those under 18 need to be in a group with adults that have DBS.
- Photos shared over Facebook for under 18 must have permission from parents.