PCC Meeting Minutes

 

 

Minutes of the PCC Meeting held via Zoom on Wednesday 25 March 2020

Online:       Rev Melvyn Pereira (Chairman), Carolyn Beck, Jeremy Bullock, Helen Cracknell, David Downey, Chris Gledhill, Elizabeth Holbrook, Rev Ali Middleton, Maria Seaman and Sue Suter (Secretary).

   
  Action
1

Melvyn opened the meeting with prayer.

 

 
2

An apology for absence was received from Heidi Ellson.

 

 
3

The Minutes of the Meeting held on 29 January 2020 were amended as follows.  Under “Finance Review – Fundraising” the last point was amended to read “MP – propose cake sale on 23rd Feb for Mission Sunday, proceeds to go towards supporting our Mission Partners.  Needs to be publicised – poster to be done for Sunday.”

The Minutes were then agreed, proposed by Rev Ali Middleton, seconded by Maria Seaman and carried unanimously.

 

 
4 Matters Arising  

a

 

 

b

It was reported that the amazing amount of £131 had been raised by the recent cake sale.

 

Sharing the love of Christ – Melvyn reported that the six week programme went well and was well received.  Church attendance went up again and a lot was said about prayer.  Our plan now is to encourage people to invite others to watch our online services.

 

 
c

Fairtrade  – Melvyn has spoken to Marion Darker, who orders church tea and coffee.  She will ensure that all is Fairtrade once existing supplies have been used up.

 

 
d

Safeguarding Officer – Melvyn had a good meeting with a possible replacement for Valerie Brown but the position has not been accepted as yet.  Alex Benoy continues as Assistant Safeguarding Officer.

 

 
e PCC and Leaders Away Day – the final report is still to be compiled.  Melvyn should be able to do the report this week. Melvyn
f

Availability of PCC Minutes – the Minutes can be posted on the church website once they have been agreed at the following PCC Meeting.  Therefore the Minutes of the PCC Meeting held on 29 January 2020 can now be published.

 

Melvyn
5

Ministry Leadership Team Reports

The team had a good meeting last night with members expressing passion and enthusiasm.  Melvyn presented the team’s reports.  Helen Downey has joined as Pastoral Care leader.

Prayer – participants can choose a one hour prayer slot during the 12 hours of prayer on Good Friday, which will end with an online reflection at 6 pm.

The C of E has a Facebook page.  A MailChimp will be sent out about online services.

Pastoral Care – Melvyn confirmed that Home Group leaders look after those in their home groups; Melvyn looks after those leaders and the Care Team look after the others.  New people are added to the lists but we need to make sure we don’t miss anyone.  Lately it appears that Rob and Maria Seaman are not included.  Possibly because they used to be in the Rowell’s homegroup.  Melvyn will report that to Helen Downey.

Friendship – Church Weekend Away in July – Kings Park Conference Centre has extended the cancellation deadline to mid-June.  If we cancel before then we lose the deposit, but if they cancel we will receive a full refund.

Home Groups – Ali has sent encouragement and an online resource to Home Group leaders.

Worship – the series of topical sermons on Jesus’ “Sermon on the mount” is relevant to now and considered a good idea.

It was agreed it is actually easier to invite people online and that this is a good opportunity.  This is why Ali has set up a Facebook page rather than using the closed Facebook group.  Melvyn will be reminding the preachers that it is public.

He reported that on Facebook Jasmin has shared the positives of the current situation, which he may share with the church.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Melvyn

6

Safeguarding Report

This report was received by the meeting.  Not much can be done at present but keeping in touch is being encouraged.

 

 

 

7

a

Finance

Treasurer’s Report – Not all participants have paid for the July Weekend Away but this is not critical as we have an extension from the Centre for final payment.  Those involved have been reminded individually and given a new date of 17 April.

The missing Sunday cash donations were discussed and it was agreed to send out the message that although we are not meeting in the building the church is still at work.  And asking people to keep their cash aside until we meet again.  Helen confirmed that the cash must be loose in the box when we go back so we can claim the gift aid.

 

 

 

 

 

Melvyn

b

Priority of payments out – At Helen’s request the PCC confirmed that Mission Partners should be paid first each month followed by the Parish Share.  Any fund raising is unlikely until the Autumn.  Not having to pay the hall hire will help.  The Leisure Centre has been paid up to April so we need to enquire about a refund for the time since they shut.

 

 

 

 

Helen

8

Coronavirus

The C of E has published “A Parish Continuity Plan” to keep church going, which Melvyn and Ali discussed themselves and then with the Churchwardens.  The Plan suggests Finance and other roles should be covered.  Chris Gledhill could be Deputy Treasurer.  Chris is discussing this with Helen.

The 10.30 am Sunday service will involve all on the rota if possible.  John Gilyead and the All Age team are to be asked.  There will also be a Wednesday evening reflection and a daily reflection in Holy Week.

Maria thanked Melvyn and Ali for Sunday’s service, which was very good.  Ali said it is still an experiment that she is working to improve and she is open to tech support and suggestions.  Please feed in prayers or prayer requests before Sunday.

In reply to Chris’ question Melvyn reported 218 views to date of Sunday’s video.  Melvyn will compile another MailChimp instruction to go out and confirmed that comments and ideas are very welcome.

 

 

 

 

 

Chris

Melvyn / Ali

 

 

 

 

All

 

 

Melvyn

9

Annual Church Meeting

The deadline for holding this meeting has been extended to 31 October.  The suggestion to hold it on a Sunday is being considered.

 

 

 

10

Hope into Action – the second tenant is settling in very well.

 

 
11

Deanery Synod – our own Maria will be the speaker at the next meeting.

 

 

12

a

b

 

Any Other Business

Ali was thanked for arranging this meeting over Zoom.

Building update – Chris reported that a meeting has been held with the patrons and the architect and the Building Team now need to meet.  Chris will circulate the building report after that, near the date of the next PCC Meeting.

 

 

 

 

Chris

13

Date of next meeting – Monday 5 May 2020

 

The meeting closed in prayer.

 

Categories

Baptisms at Gleneagles Anglican Church

Baptisms at Gleneagles Anglican Church

Freedom in Christ course

Freedom in Christ course

Monthly Litter Pick

Monthly Litter Pick

July 3rd, 2019

Published by: Fiona Clarke

Category: Events,Latest News

More

Breaking news! Prayers this week

Breaking news! Prayers this week

Update from Mark and Arleen

Update from Mark and Arleen

Church Weekend Away

Church Weekend Away

Home Group Social Evenings

Home Group Social Evenings

Ladies' and Men's Breakfast

Ladies' and Men's Breakfast

HOPE INTO ACTION AT GLENEAGLES CHURCH

HOPE INTO ACTION AT GLENEAGLES CHURCH

Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults: Policy and Procedure

Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults: Policy and Procedure