Praise God for:
- Being ever present and responding to our prayers through His love for us
- Melvyn and June, Ali and Mark, our churchwardens Chris and Elizabeth and our PCC as they lead us through these challenging times
- All of the new ways He is showing us to be a church, using different ways of communicating and also in our communities as we seek to show His love to others
- The ways that He is showing us to think differently about so many things – how we use our resources, how to share with others, how our priorities may need to change
- All of the doctors, nurses, pharmacists, carers, scientists, retail staff, delivery and postal workers, local authority staff, police, armed forces, volunteers and government ministers who are working so hard to help everyone during the Coronavirus pandemic
Please pray for:
- God’s peace to descend; for a vaccine to be found and for a slowing down of transmission of the virus as we stay at home
- All who are struggling with isolation and separation from their loved ones
- All who are ill, in hospital and for medical staff – may God’s strength sustain them
- For Melvyn in his leadership and the decisions he and Ali must make; that God will continue to show him how to help others; and for completion on the new house
- Please pray for the Homeless in Wellingborough. The Night Shelter was due to close tonight (Thursday 26/3/20), but there’s uncertainty as to whether it will open now or not, following the announcement this week. They were trying to negotiate with Wellingborough Council to make provision for the Homeless in the current situation, but as of yesterday they had not made a positive response. Please ask for their needs to be met, as they seem to have been abandoned to their fate, as all previous supports have closed.
Words of wisdom from Scripture:
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I shall not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
Additionally, Churches Together Prayer Meetings are open to everyone. They meet at Nations at 8 pm each Monday evening.