Who Are They?
- Hope into Action is a registered charity whose unique purpose is to enable churches to house and support the homeless.
- They provide not just shelter and housing know-how but also friendship.
- Together with over 50 churches they provide direct support to people whom others have often given up on.
- They believe everyone has the right to a home and churches have the power to meet the tragedy of homelessness in their community.
- Homes are now available for a wide range of “homeless”, people in recovery from addiction, people sleeping rough, women and children fleeing domestic violence, people coming out of rehab, former prostitutes, refugees, those suffering mental health issues and survivors of human trafficking.
- Their vision is for every church to lovingly provide the homeless with a home.
- The tragedy of homelessness is in every community.
- Few local homelessness services offer a home and a community of people to accept you as you are.
“If our tenants have a safe home and the security of positive relationships then they will find the confidence, motivation and hope for change.”
To mobilise, unite and unleash Christian prayer, investments, donations and relationships to fight the injustice of homelessness.
For more information visit the Hope into Action Website
As a church we have purchased and furnished a house and the selection process for the new tenants has nearly completed and they will be moving in in the near future.
Photos will follow soon. Watch this space